Appetizers for your dinner party
Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta
I love a good dinner party! It all starts with a good looking and tasty appetizer to kick off the party. Where it is a five-course meal, snacks for a game, or casual cookout, a quick appetizer sets the tone for the meal.
1 container grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves of garlic sliced in half
1 large French bread or baquettes, sliced 1-inch thick (about 18 slices)
3/4 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 jar of sliced black olives (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine tomatoes, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
2. Place bread on baking sheet and toast for three minutes or until slightly brown.
3. Remove the bread from the oven. Rub the garlic on each side.
4. Place the cheese on top of the bread and return to the oven for an additional (1) minute.
5. Remove from the over and top each piece with one tablespoon of the tomato mixture.
6. Top each bread slice with an olive and basil leaf.
Now that the appetizer’s planned and prepared, it is time to enjoy your guests.